Metro Diary 5: Do you know me?

This morning when I got up to alight at the Sikandarpur metro station, a girl pushed me hard as if to turn me towards her and said, “You know how I am, na!” Well! Do I?  

I almost blurted out, I did not and I am not even supposed to! but then in my age and with my kind of mental agility one is never sure! I took a second to look closely at her and promptly realized she was not talking to me. She was not even happy with the attention I gave her (Surprise! Surprise!). She rolled her eyes at me and continued on her phone, “I am very straightforward yaar! I say what I like. I say what I do not like. I did not like his looks, I told him. Why is he taking personal now! Nothing personal yaar! It’s just how I am!”

I wondered if I should inform her it’s very personal, but my stop had arrived by then. You know these metro stops! They are only for a few seconds. I therefore had to let it go. Metro is not even letting me be helpful to people. I think I should write to DMRC about this.

Comments

Popular Posts