Metro Diary 9: Metro Makeovers

You can see people doing a range of things in the metro, early morning. In those very crowded metros, you can see passengers studying for their medical entrance, IELTS, law, and what not! They also check copies of students and read for next class (NCERT books in the hands of adults). It is amazing to watch them studying with concentration, sitting on the floor (it’s not permitted, though)! I also take the liberty of peeping into their books and copies, when they sit next to me.
Then today I met a woman in yellow and red (East Bengal fans! bring in your support!!) who was already standing there holding a rod when I boarded my second (the longest) train. Her hair was going haywire. She looked terribly sleepy. I felt so much pity for her that I removed myself from being her competitor for a seat.  I am very generous that way, you see ðŸ˜‡(Ahem ahem)!
I promptly went and stood in front of the seats facing the seats she was standing by; and started guessing who would get down first among the 7 sitting. I looked at a well-dressed woman and decided she would get down at Malviya Nagar or Hauz Khas for sure. She proved me wrong and promptly fell asleep. Disheartened, I concentrated on the next one, who was my second in my guess-list. People rightly say, there is no point second guessing. The third one got down and I got a seat half way into the journey. As I was seated comfortably, I tried to find out whether that woman in yellow dress had a seat too. She had but I could almost not recognize her! By then, she had combed and tied her hair and had put on lipstick that was matching with her dress. She had all my attention from then on! She took out a transparent square box from her back-pack and chose a pair of red earrings. She was looking really ready for her day by then but she did not stop and pulled out another box with three watches and wore a watch with a red band. Yellow and red woman now pulled out her specs and wore them. No seeing her sleepy eyes anymore, office folks! She is ready for the mean-bad world!

Now tell me, can you think of a better use of the morning metro?


Comments

Popular Posts