Metro Diary 7: Let's plan

I think planning is the most common theme among my co-passengers, especially on a Monday. In this month of festivals when the office holidays are never enough for meeting relatives, feasting, shopping and resting, people often try to console themsleves by saying, this is not all there are other holidays too.
One of them took advance planning to a very different level though and was already planning a holiday in 2018 December-2019 January in Goa.  She was convinced she had to plan that much in advance as her father never liked going to "firangi" places like Goa and would need much convincing. She was putting her mother on the job. (Much like how Nilanjana put you and me on the job many years ago, Ma Namita!) She was thus going, "Mumma, 80-90% of the people are Christians in Goa." I almost jumped to say, only 25%, but then I did not know if she really needed that data. She knew what sort of presentation her target audience needed, much like Ekta Kapoor who knows hers.  I coughed down my data.
She continued, uninturrupted, "..and they really celebrate Christmas and New Year like Christians do! Really! They celebrate like a celebration!" The mother perhaps was catching the same fever by then and the girl could shift gear to add, "We can have crabs too! Like we had in Puri." Now this girl immediately climbed 3/4 notches in my mind. All the crab-lovers of the world are my soul-mates  After that I let her continue her travel plans without even a customary cough, such is my loyalty to crab-lovers.
Talking about planning, the two young girls seated in front of me discussed lack of it on their grandparents' part. "My father has 8 siblings! just think of it. Eight and then each of them has 2 or 3 kids. How will I blame anyone else for India's population!! Meri khud ki family pachpan logo ki hai yaar (my own family consists of 55 people)!! I dont think there was anything called planning then!" She adds in a conspiring whisper.
Image may contain: one or more people and people standingAnd by the way, according to the mood dictionary, today should have been Mood 3, (You remember the moods, right? Mood 3 translates to "Pretty meh! Was standing all the way through") but who can be meh with such exhilarting narrations going all around!#MetroMoods
And no! I did not click the photo. I was busy jostling you see 

Comments

Popular Posts