Metro Diary 8: Fare Hike

Important update: From today onwards, my morning metro fare and the evening metro fare will be different. No no.. I do not travel further from office, mid-day but, DMRC decided peak-hours and off-peak hours.
In the morning, I am definitely off-peak (I agree 😏). DMRC then behaves like the great-grandpa of our childhood days, who gave us a coin each for waking up early. Do you get it Delhi-zens(you must be called that for your patience with constant price hikes)? You are being rewarded for going to office early, you see! What else do you want? Its a wonderful plan! You will work more and India will soon get out of these sad economic predictions. Hmmm..is that why our PM said, India will soon see growth like never before 🤔
In the evenings, the plot thickens for me. Although I board the metro at off-peak hours, I only get down at a (top)-peak hour. They will therefore take out a full green-patti (Rs 100) from me! I think there is a message too. Why dont you work till 9PM? After that you will again be rewarded by the ...ummm...not the grandpa, but Mangu-Bhaiyya! Grandpas never liked coming home late...

Comments

Popular Posts