Metro Diary 19: Some humble suggestions


You already know one of my favourite pastime is to watch videos in others’ phones, but one of my pet peeve is that people all the time look at their phones. 
In a metro full of unknown people, you probably feel there is little else one can do, if one is not carrying a book or the newspaper delivery man fail to show up before they left home. However, here is a suggested list:
1. Check exam copies if you are a teacher (and the young boy standing next to you will exclaim, “you gave only 7 marks to him, ma’am!” With his mom trying to hush him up urgently! Poor boy probably was thinking about his own papers)
2. Bring your hands together and rub your nails against each other. (Bengalies say, you call for a fight if you do that, but never mind, a new age baba has says you gain hair instead. Hmmm.. gaining some hair and losing a friend, not a bad deal in today’s age, I guess!)
3. Observe people’s nail art, variety of shoes 👠 and admire some saris. Don’t try to look admiringly at their blusher smeared cheeks or you may invite a sharp look and a sharper word!
4. Sleep (most of the people do that anyway in the morning train. Yawnnnn! I am feeling sleepy 💤 too).
5. Touch your make-up. I swear I will not click a photo to show; before and after.
6. You remember the “guess game” from Metro Diaries, don’t you?
7. Look at any printed paper that you find in your bag while listening to the phone conversations of the fellow passengers.
After many a moons of fretting over only phone-readers, I finally found a real reader yesterday! I was seriously happy! Although she had a phone trapped in her fingers, I chose to ignore it and focus on the book
AND THEN THE DISASTER STRUCK!
The book’s title was, “Honey! I shrunk the glee!” Errr Honey and Milk or something like that. She was reading Rupi Kaur 😏

Comments

Popular Posts