#Metro Diary 21: It was the season of "death of love"


After love it was the season of "death of love" ...errrr wedding-season in Metro. People talked incessantly about marriages, impending marriages, and the woe of marriages. A distressed call to a certain “janu” to assure that the caller can never say anything against the one called (eh! Why?), indicated all was not well! A quick look at the phone (As you know, I never peep  ๐Ÿ‘€ into other’s phones, (except to watch movies) but it was a crowded metro and one had to look down to make sure one’s bag is not being targeted by a pickpocket and when you look down, there are phones  ๐Ÿ˜) showed that Janu was being sent plethora of kisses but "Janu" did not seem impressed. Well! this one had a long night ahead, the tired, half-asleep me murmured as I yawned..

The other discussions hovered around how girls met prospective grooms (or the other way around) and the ridiculous questions that get asked! Sample some:
“Did you have boyfriends?”
“Do you have many friends?”
“Can you cook? Will you cook every day?” (Still  ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ)
“Why did you do your masters’ so late?”
“How much did you score in higher secondary?”  ๐Ÿคญ ๐Ÿคญ ๐Ÿคญ ๐Ÿคญ
(Never ever ever ask me that!)
“Do you get late in office? How will you manage home and office?”
(Prospective employers, are you taking note of questions not to ask?)
“Let me give you a situation, if your mom and my mom fight, whose side will you take?”
No! I am not making it up! The girls’ group actually spelled these questions and giggled incessantly on how they gave some glaring looks to the men hoping to be their life-partners (really!?) with those questions and ran from these meetings. Thankfully I heard their brothers were their co-conspirators in these “running”  ๐Ÿ˜
Then there was this “sister” of the groom with hennaed hand, who had to “do evvvvryyyything” for a wedding caught my attention with her statement that she had always been very “creative” but only lacked “imagination”. I never knew that’s possible! She described how she worked on the invitation gifting by "copy-pasting" ideas. And how the sweetmeat boxes were turned into boxes of honey-oatmeal cookies pasted together with gulkand (for the uninitiated, it is rose-petal jam that goes into pan/เคชाเคจ) and pounded dry-fruits  :O And mind it! this idea is not original as you already know she is not that "imaginative". Can you please let me know where else have you heard of cookies with gulkand as gifts to wedding guests? I would like to pen the names in my mental diary, marking them as "weddings to avoid"....

This is from my dear colleague.. 

The

Comments

Popular Posts