#Metro Diary 18 : Change of season


In the Delhi Metro ๐ŸšŠ nowadays, it is the season of change. 
The metro passengers are more alert in my second metro ride nowadays. In the first ride, they are still sleep walking. Early in the morning today, I found the CISF personnel sleeping in a standing position with her head on the pole that creates the enclosure. I did not want to wake her up to check me. I thought I am harmless anyway (my friends might differ but never mind them!). However she woke up as I was trying to slip past her and gave me a stern look. That’s the problem with these people in uniform! They take themselves too seriously. I smiled sheepishly and said, good morning! (I do that every day to be fair to myself). By the time she went over my body with her scanner, I gained back my tongue, and asked, “feeling sleepy?” It was her turn to smile sheepishly now ๐Ÿ˜œ


Like the sleepy first train and the sleepless second one, people are divided in their opinion on the season too. For some, spring is definitely here and some want to hold on to the gloves ๐Ÿงค it’s still too cold for them.

I met one of the second kind while changing a train today. I thought I should ask if he belonged to a warm place called Bengal; but then he was in a hurry and seemed like one who would not appreciate regional bon-homie early in the morning ..

Comments

Popular Posts