Metro Diary 11: Holiday-planners!

You remember that lady who was planning her 2018 winter trip in Christian-majority-state, Goa (sic ðŸ˜œ)? (http://dillimetrodiary.blogspot.in/…/metro-diary-7-lets-pla… ) I bumped onto her again today! And she made me feel very insecure ðŸ˜”. She was of course completely unaware of my presence and was busy chatting with her mom (again!). I actually recognized her from her pluralistic reference to herself (hum), and her never ending plans. Now let me tell you what made me feel insecure. Every year, even before the new year starts, I look at all the holidays in the calendar and at least plan three trips out of town (none may be executed; but that's different). I always thought I was the champion holiday planner. No one can be more serious about holidays than me. Then I met this woman! She was talking to her mother early in the morning, "Have you checked the Google, Mummy? Did you see the date of the Easter? It is 31st March! Maza aa gaya! That means I can come home for at least 10 days. Naya saal lag jayega na! It will be new calendar year in office. I can again take leave. Of course, I will reach on Thursday night itself... " Her eyes sparkled even through her glasses.
Now I did not even go beyond January in 2018, and this lady already knows how much fun April will bring for her. I have to get better at my job it seems. ðŸ¤”

As if this was not enough, my colleague Nikhil showed me a whole document in which he meticulously planned a road trip through Rajasthan; complete with maps and itinerary. ðŸ˜£
This is not a good sign I am telling you! This journey through three sates is getting the better of me ..

Comments

Popular Posts