Metro Diary 4: Humbling days

Some days are extremely humbling! I wanted to bask in the pujo spirit on a Friday and chose a white sari with red border. পাট ভাঙা তাঁত! I challenged myself to wear it that early in the morning and rushed to the metro station for my three successive train journeys.
Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, standingIt turned out I did not have to bother challenging myself. The day had planned enough challenges for me already. I missed three trains today. One each in each of my three stops. In CP, it was the most painful. I was in the platform when the door closed. I did not get a place to sit in my longest journey today and started my periods even before I reached office. Then after a day full of meetings, report readings and writings, when I was all set to head home, it started raining cats and dogs! I ran through it determined to get a seat in my longest metro ride (the second). I actually found a seat but within a few stops boarded a pregnant passenger. I came standing (barely) the rest of the journey with severe cramps. Ran through rains again at the end of the journey at my stop. So much for a white taaNt sari which was taken out of its pack today....
Good news: although I often feel there is no tomorrow on the first two days, with year and years of experience I know there is definitely a "day after" 

Comments

Popular Posts