Metro Diary 3: Ear-Plug DJs

"Terribly transient feet": if that was what was used to describe ever-changing nature of life, I think the nature of early morning journeys would have to be compared with shooting stars.

I realised the nature and "volume of the content" change every 5 minutes in the morning hours. My connection was late today. The number of travellers increased exponentially and instead of sleeping, they now engaged in high pitched chatting on phone; instructions to house-helps and helping parents, or listening to music in high-volume, which overflowed through the earplugs and kept the rest entertained or disturbed; take your pick depending on which side of 40 you rest today.

Then there was this fellow-passenger-mom, who all of a sudden got a call and frantically called up another mom to request her to hold-up the schoolbus at her stop. This is so that this fellow-passenger's mom could get her daughter ready, and run for it. How on earth was that even possible I wondered (all the while maintaining a passive face; I am not as foolish as I may seem)! How does one get a child ready and run to a different stop, when one has both literally and proverbially missed the bus by good dozen of minutes? In three more calls, the fellow passenger is informed that the bus refused to wait. The other mom was not apologetic at all although this mom said her child was just about to reach (in reality, she hadn't even left her house). A call to home revealed the poor child was still trying to put on her dressy-shoes when she got the news. A very disappointed mother did not know whom to be angry at as she was trying to calm down her wailing child who missed a weekly performance in school. As she settled with a grumpy face, I also tried to divert my mind....

Do you think I should pass on my request of music to the Ear-Plug DJs tomorrow...Ear-Plug DJ mera gaana baja do...gaana baja do...mera gaana baja do! Whats the harm in trying, eh?

Comments

Popular Posts