#Metro Diary 25: A Letter to the Lost and Found Department

He had to get down two stations before mine..

The face that I found sleeping when I boarded the train.
I wish he slept all through.

I would not have had to steal glances at his reflection in the window mirrors, otherwise.

 I got onto the train thinking its going to be a long journey at the end of the day! 
And now I want to go back to that 8.45 train every day!
 Or does he ride the train only on Sundays? 
Or probably that was the only day!  
Was he coming back from a weekend trip?
  He fell asleep, remember?  
He had a backpack for sure! a black one.  
What did it have? Camera? Or just clothes? 

After a few stations, the person seated between us got down from the train, 
But I could not bring myself to casually slide towards him....
I want to kick myself for that! I am always like that! 

I still regret not kissing in Malaysia 
And not going to Granada with one South American friend, 
who asked. 
I tell myself every time, "You don't have much time!
 You cant afford to live in regret!  
"Come on! Show some initiative."  
But alas! who is listening to me? 
Not me, at least!  

I have a feeling he stole a few glances at me too.  
I know! I know! it could just be my wishful thinking.  
But what's so bad in thinking he also regretted not sliding casually towards me?  
Or not being a little closer while tying his shoelaces?
Or not missing his usual stop?  

May be he is in the last compartment of the train tonight, looking for me.  
What's so bad in thinking he just could not fall asleep today!

Photo source: Google images

Comments

Popular Posts