#Metro Diary 17: Nap time


It’s the “season of nap” in metro. It’s not as interesting hence. It’s like the season sans it’s colours. The only thing one can do is to look at people napping with heads under cover or mouths fully open.

My friend Pratip protests when I make a note of people sleeping. He says, that’s the best use of the time in commute. I on the other hand think, he is practicing polyamory! He can’t decide what he loves more; eating or sleeping and carries on in the life’s journey with both his loves. Even carrying a special seat around his neck for his love, he remains as colorful as ever. 

But coming back to the metro time, it only gets interesting when someone’s mother calls her up and she says, “I left my phone in my friend’s bag! That’s why I could not pick up last night. Nothing else, mom! Why would not I take your call otherwise?” Note, my friend Mr Lawyer! Have you ever heard a better argument? She even explained under what conditions she had to leave the phone in her friend’s bag and that she was late in fact as she had to go retrieve the phone first as that friend was not coming to office! I had absolutely no reason not to believe her, except it looked like she was heading towards her abode rather than her office by the absence of office bag (presence of a big bag) and the traces of make-up but then, I could not make up my mind about that and she was really sure of what she was saying. This was actually absolutely like my son’s confidence! He keeps looking at his phone and tells me with full confidence that he is actually studying (from the phone of course) ðŸ™‚

And I also realised that by posting #MetroDiary and clicking photos, I have killed all my chances of getting any sleep ever during the ride! What if someone clicks me like that? Drooling from the corner of my mouth! Oh no! Rest or no rest, my vanity must be protected at any cost!!

Comments

Popular Posts