#MetroDiary 14: When you get late


I was surprised to see an empty metro train yesterday at the busiest station in the metro line! Let me admit I was a bit late early, but trust me, not more than 10 minutes. 
Don't miss my reflection and that of the one sleeping ;)

Even after ignoring Ms Kirron Kher’s advice and boarding an auto with 7 men in them (some of them had half-covered faces but tiffin boxes in their hands, which was reassuring), I could reach the metro station barely in time for the train ​that came ​just before my scheduled train. Anyway, the empty train was such a happy thing that I immediately messaged one of the regular readers of #MetroDiary, who was probably still asleep and so were most of my co-passengers (very few anyway). 

Then it all changed toda​y! I was 10 minutes late and it was full! People with travel bags everywhere. I almost tripped on one. They talked loudly with each other! They sang, as their favourite singers crooned through the earplugs! Clapped in joy! ​When in a station, they tried to look for which platform to go to with confused smiles pasted on their lips, like me. Oh yes! I had to change for trains today as my usual train was taking endlessly long. I therefore ended up in a station that I am not familiar with and had to look for the platform I needed to reach. Is it really the holiday season? Are these people taking off early for Christmas? But then have they not heard the warnings against celebrating Christmas in this country? Its just a ploy to convert people after all! ​
I kept looking at them half-smiling through my newspaper as people happily stamped on my foot to pass (the usual in metro) and this song played on my mind...
​​ ​ले गयी​ ​काट कलेजा दिल्ली ... ​​मुई​ ​​​ दिल्ली ​​​​ ​ले गयी​​ ​

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4NKZqnKh5o​

Comments

Popular Posts